Celebrate Your Family's Story. Every family has a unique story to share with the world. Uncover the beauty of your child's birth heritage with families who look like yours. China Heritage Camp is three days of fun, but the insights and self-esteem will last for a lifetime.
July 11-13, 2013
South Tulsa Baptist Church
10310 S. Sheridan Road
Tulsa, OK 74133
All families who have adopted children from the People's Republic of China are invited to attend Dillon's annual heritage camp in Tulsa, OK for several days of fun while enjoying China's wonderful heritage and culture through a variety of activities for both parents and children. Parents also have the opportunity to sharpen their adoption knowledge and parenting skills through one of our excellent adoption education workshop(s). The weekend festivities conclude with a special celebration lunch.
View one child's experience at China Camp
China Heritage Camp is open to all adoptive families who have adopted from the People's Republic of China regardless of agency used for adoption placement.
Children attending Dillon's China Heritage Camp must be between the ages of 4 (by May 1, 2013) and 6th grade complete. Campers should wear comfortable shoes and clothes to camp each day. All supplies will be provided for campers unless otherwise noted. Siblings that are a different ethnicity are also encouraged to attend!
China Heritage Camp provided adoptees and their families the following opportunities:
- A greater understanding and awareness of their child's birth heritage
- Age appropriate camp activities for children
- Campers are divided into two groups Upper and Lower camp and then split into classes by age
** Upper Camp (1st-6th grade complete) 45 min. class times
** Lower Camp (4-Kindergarten) 30 min. class times
- Activities focus on History, Culture, Cooking, Music, Art, and Language exploration
- Workshops and activities for parents
- Teen Counselor/Mentor Program (7th-12th grade complete)
- Childcare for the younger children of camp staff, parent volunteers and those attending parent workshops (by reservation)
- Lunch served to campers each day
- Family night at LaFortune Park
** Families can bring their own dinner or choose to eat before/after swimming
- Chinese lunch served on the last day of camp followed by a special camp program
- Camp Scholarship Application
QUESTIONS? Please contact the Camp Director, Whitney McIntire
or Camp Volunteer Program Coordinator Lisa Leung
Campers should arrive no earlier than 9:15am each day and should be picked up no later than 3:45pm.